Re: Emacs contributions, C and Lisp

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: Emacs contributions, C and Lisp
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2014 20:36:08 +0900

Glenn Morris writes:
 > Richard Stallman wrote:
 >
 > > http://www.gnu.org/gnu/linux-and-gnu.html#many for why that assertion
 > > is not valid.
 >
 > ITYM http://www.gnu.org/gnu/gnu-linux-faq.html#many

Whichever he means, the FAQ itself sanctions my opinion:

    If you feel even more strongly about giving credit where it is
    due, you might feel that some secondary contributors also deserve
    credit in the system's name. If so, far be it from us to argue
    against it. If you feel that X11 deserves credit in the system's
    name, and you want to call the system GNU/X11/Linux, please do. If
    you feel that Perl simply cries out for mention, and you want to
    write GNU/Linux/Perl, go ahead.

I mentioned GNU, I even put it first.  'Nuff said.