Re: w32 hourglass cursor

From: Dani Moncayo
Subject: Re: w32 hourglass cursor
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2014 19:07:42 +0200

> 1) go to *scratch*
> 2) define a macro to insert something, for example C-x ( a ENTER C-x )
>    defines a macro to insert 'a' and newline;
> 3) ask to execute it 10000 times with C-u 10000 C-x e;
> 4) while the macro execution is in progress, move the mouse over
>    Emacs frame and make sure that the cursor shape is changed and busy
>    cursor appears.

The cursor's shape doesn't change until I move it (which doesn't seem
like TRT, but the same happens without the patch).

When I move the cursor, its shape change to busy, yes, but when the
execution ends (either by cancelling it with C-g or when it
completes), the shape remains the same (busy).  This problem is
specific to the patched binary.

> 5) Do M-x new-frame then repeat 1)-4) but move mouse between two frames
>    and make sure that you have busy cursor in both of them.

Here the behavior is equal with or without the patch: the cursor shape
is busy in the original frame (where I started the execution of the
macro) and normal (arrow or I-beam) when I go over the other frame.

--
Dani Moncayo