Re: Git transition workflow

From: Ashton Kemerling
Subject: Re: Git transition workflow
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2014 22:14:54 -0600

Furthermore, the increasing dominance of Github and its
pullrequest+merge workflow proves that merge commits are not a complete
hinderence even on similarly massive projects like RoR.

While I certainly am in the "I don't like merge commits" camp, I don't
think the presence or absence of merge commits is really worth humming
and hawing over a lot, especially if it would delay a git
conversion. I've worked in organizations that allowed them, and worked
in organizations that hated them, and I noticed very little difference
between the two on that front.

--
Ashton Kemerling