Re: SMIE

From: Bozhidar Batsov
Subject: Re: SMIE
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2014 15:00:27 +0300

On August 17, 2014 at 2:55:10 PM, Stefan Monnier (address@hidden) wrote:
> You’ll also have to stop accepting non-trivial contributions from
> people who haven’t signed the document.

Not quite, no. You simply have to ask them to sign the
copyright paperwork. Most people are willing to do that in my experience.

Stefan

My point isn’t that people aren’t willing sign the copyright agreement in principle, but that many people will not be thrilled to

deal with a *paper* copyright agreement that they have to send via standard mail and wait for a couple of weeks to get

back a response, just to get a tiny fix/change accepted. I think that GNU projects would benefit a lot from a contributor agreement that can be

signed digitally. (Clojure’s development recently switched to digital contributor agreements and the number of people who signed the agreement skyrocketed).

People hate dealing with paperwork and that’s a fact of life...