eieio, pretty printing, and edebug

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: eieio, pretty printing, and edebug
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 11:22:50 -0700

Right now, using edebug with eieio objects can be difficult, as they are
printed with regular prin1.

In the case of very large objects (I ran into this with the Gnus
registry object, which can have an enormous hash table attached to it),
Emacs can run out memory as the cursor passes the variable holding the
object, and tries to pretty print it.

Line 895 in eieio.el, were it not commented out, would fix this by
having edebug print using the object-print generic, not prin1. I eval'ed
the line and tried it, and it seemed to work fine.

How come it's currently commented out? Can I open a bug for this?

Eric