Re: merging emacs-24

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: merging emacs-24
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2014 15:02:26 -0500

Stefan Monnier wrote:

> I haven't checked gitmerge.el, but bzrmerge.el had special code to do
> the ChangeLog merge, and at some point at least it did it better (or at
> least, more closely to our conventions) than Bzr's
> "changelog-merge" plugin.

I think I disagree.
IIRC, bzrmerge used to look for ChangeLog conflicts, move those entries
to the top and redate them. I found that this did not work well for me
in practice. I found it better to use the changelog-merge plugin,
which moved new merged entried to the top, then re-date things by hand.