Re: emacs-dynamic-module in Emacs Git?

From: Ivan Andrus
Subject: Re: emacs-dynamic-module in Emacs Git?
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2014 19:43:17 -0700

On Dec 4, 2014, at 6:02 PM, Ted Zlatanov <address@hidden> wrote:
On Thu, 4 Dec 2014 21:40:34 +0100 Aurélien Aptel <address@hidden> wrote:

> AA> On Tue, Dec 2, 2014 at 10:22 PM, Ted Zlatanov <address@hidden> wrote:
>>> OK, dynamic-modules was rebased, squashed to a single commit, and pushed
>>> to branch "dynamic-modules-rc1". I added ChangeLogs and renamed
>>> Makefile to Makefile.in in all the modules, but otherwise this is pretty
>>> much what Aurélien wrote.
>
> AA> You forgot to include the opaque module in SUBDIR_MAKEFILES.
>
> I pushed with that minor change to dynamic-modules-rc2
>
> AA> I'm currently on a different computer than usual and although loading
> AA> works, calling any external symbol from a lib linked against the module
> AA> crashes emacs (similar error with yaml).
>
> AA> ./src/emacs: symbol lookup error:
> AA> /home/aaptel/dev/emacs/modules/curl/curl.so: undefined symbol:
> AA> curl_global_init
>
> AA> Strangely enough the module file doesn't show any curl dependency with
> ldd,
> AA> although it was compiled with -lcurl.
>
> AA> $ ldd curl.so
> AA>     linux-gate.so.1 =>  (0xb7757000)
> AA>     libc.so.6 => /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libc.so.6 (0xb757f000)
> AA>     /lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0xb7758000)
>
> AA> I don't know what's wrong (probably comes from my system).
>
> Weird.  Anyone else tested this?
>
> I'll hold off merging for 1 more day…

I wanted to, but couldn’t get it to compile on my Mac.  Though I must admit I
didn’t
try very hard.  I should also say that “gcc” is actually clang:

$ make
gcc -ggdb3 -Wall -I../../src -I../../lib -fPIC -c elisp.c
gcc -shared -o elisp.so elisp.o
  "_Fprovide", referenced from:
      _init in elisp.o
  "_Qnil", referenced from: