Re: Generate ChangeLogs

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: Generate ChangeLogs
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2014 03:07:29 -0500

Paul Eggert wrote:

> My biggest worry, to be honest, is Glenn, who tidies up ChangeLogs
> more than anyone else does.  It's more of a hassle to do that when
> ChangeLogs are generated automatically.  My own feeling is that,
> although I understand the pull of having the logs look good, our
> limited resources can be put to better use in areas other than tidying
> up ChangeLogs, and I'm willing to live with somewhat-messier
> ChangeLogs if we can trade that for a simpler workflow and/or other
> improvements elsewhere.

You don't have to worry, because I'll simply stop doing that.

I feel like you mischaracterized my position as some such of obsession
with making things look pretty. Rather I care about things being
well-documented. But, good news! I don't care any more.

I wrote a more detailed response to your bug report.
Short answer: do what you like.