Re: On being web-friendly and why info must die

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: On being web-friendly and why info must die
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2014 19:08:42 +0100

"Eric S. Raymond" <address@hidden> writes:

> Rüdiger Sonderfeld <address@hidden>:
>> Why not use org-mode instead?
>
> org mode has many virtues, but I don't believe it's powerful enough
> for highly structured, long-form documents.

Precisely org-mode shines on structured, long-form documents. There are
several books written on org-mode, plus entire web sites.

> Apparently RMS doesn't
> either, or he wouldn't have been receptive to the suggestion of
> asciidoc.

RMS knows very little about org-mode, as he admitted on the past.

Org-mode is *far* more convenient and powerful than asciidoc. Consider
org-babel, for instance, that allows embedding code on the document on a
way that you can execute it and incorporate the output into the
document. That looks great for interactive manuals such as tutorials,
doesn't it?