Re: merging of the xwidget branch to master

From: Steinar Bang
Subject: Re: merging of the xwidget branch to master
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2015 17:31:17 +0100

> I'm not familiar enough with Debian.

> I have a working Dockerfile recipy for Fedora here:
> https://github.com/jave/xwidget-aux/blob/master/emacs-xwidget-docker-f20/Dockerfile

> I could do one for Debian as well, but perhaps the Fedora one is good
> enough for you to adapt to Debian?

Here is a close approximation of the yum package list for debian:
 apt-get install git gobject-introspection ncurses-devel libjpeg62-turbo-dev
libxpm-dev libjpeg62-dev libtiff5-dev libncurses5-dev libgif-dev texinfo

I didn't find equivalents for: libungif-dev, ncurses-dev and libnsurses-dev

A google for "libungif debian" found that the libgif4 package contains
libungif.so.4:

https://packages.debian.org/cgi-bin/search_contents.pl?word=libungif.so.4&searchmode=searchfiles&case=insensitive&version=unstable&arch=

And the libgif-dev package has the same version number as libgif4, so I
used that instead of libungif-devel.

The ncurses-devel stuff may be included in debian's libncurses-dev...?

But libnsurses-dev is still a mystery