Re: VC mode and git

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: VC mode and git
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2015 11:46:05 -0700

On 03/25/2015 07:43 AM, Richard Stallman wrote:
In general, the messages opposing this change have presented arguments
that are weak: possible problems for expert git users that have
obvious solutions that would be be easy for an expert git user to use.

In my experience, few git users are expert enough to solve all the problems mentioned in this thread on their own, without a lot of head-scratching or consulting friends etc. However, most non-expert Git users will want to maintain the distinction between committing and pushing, as this distinction is basic to Git and is typically preferred. If VC by default conflated committing with pushing, I expect that would cause more problems than it'd cure, even among non-experts.