Re: VC mode and git

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: VC mode and git
Date: Sun, 05 Apr 2015 21:15:58 +0300

> Date: Sun, 05 Apr 2015 13:42:44 -0400
> From: Richard Stallman <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden,
>       address@hidden
>
> 'git diff origin/master' showed the changes in all three files.
> Then I did git commit and git push.  Why didn't that install them?

It did, I see the changes in my local clone of savannah.

> I did git pull again, and it told me there was a problem
> lisp/ChangeLog again, but there was no conflict in it.
> Then I did git commit again.

Try this:

  . copy lisp/ChangeLog to some place safe
  . type "git checkout lisp/ChangeLog"
  . type "git pull"

Does the last "git pull" report any problems?  If so, which ones?

If it doesn't report any problems, what is the diff between
lisp/ChangeLog produced by the "git checkout" command and the copy you
copied to that other place?