Re: Calling (package-initialize) sooner during initialization

From: chad
Subject: Re: Calling (package-initialize) sooner during initialization
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2015 10:29:43 -0700

> On 20 Apr 2015, at 09:01, Artur Malabarba <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> On Apr 20, 2015 4:31 PM, "Taylan Ulrich Bayırlı/Kammer" <address@hidden>
> wrote:
>>  I generally feel uncomfortable about a tool automatically editing a file
>>  that I assume to have control over, but maybe that's fine.
>>
> You're not the only one. Other people have voiced indignation.

I saw this also, and Ive seen it before in other contexts, but I
dont quite understand it here, since customize already edits
user-init-file (to add custom-set-{variables,faces}).

I do wonder if all of this can be avoided by teaching users to
insert `use-package lines/snippets/etc into their .emacs, instead
of `require. It would also address some slow-start issues at the
same time.

~Chad