Re: Emacs author stats

From: Artur Malabarba
Subject: Re: Emacs author stats
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2015 19:49:34 +0100

You're right that attracting huge droves of developers didn’t happen,
and it's always nice to see numbers and data, but 5 months is not a
very relevant sample here for the purpose of finding an
upward/downward pattern.
Note how much the number has fluctuated over the last 4 years, the
range of some flucuations is as large as the average value.
We'd need to wait another year, and probably average over every 2 or 3
months, in order to see any patterns.

Also, I think number of committers would be a more relevant metric,
altough this number would be even smaller and less reliable.