Re: Emacs author stats

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: Emacs author stats
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2015 10:43:00 +0900

Artur Malabarba writes:

 > Either way, I think the relevant metric is precisely the number of
 > *committers*. Commiters are the ones most affected by this change.
 > Authors who submit patches and bug fixes couldn't care less whether we
 > use bzr or git (or do I misunderstand something?).

Back when "bzr branch" from Savannah sometimes took several hours or
didn't finish at all, I'm sure that some potential authors found that
plus the request to verify bugs and patch compatibility with trunk
HEAD made it worth their while to remain potential.

And as Eli says, it's authors that matter to the volume of
contributions.