Re: Upcoming loss of usability of Emacs source files and Emacs.

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Upcoming loss of usability of Emacs source files and Emacs.
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2015 20:04:32 +0300

> From: Richard Stallman <address@hidden>
> CC: address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden,
>       address@hidden, address@hidden,
>       address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden
> Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2015 12:53:11 -0400
>
>   > Wouldn't we want to use the same quotes in tutorials, including
>   > TUITORIAL.he?
>
> The tutorials are a totally different issue, in practical terms.  The
> options available are different.

We currently use the same style of quoting there.  Quoting `like this'
in plain-text documents has been the GNU style for decades.

> Tutorials are much a more flexible field.  There are just a few
> tutorial files, all centrally maintained.  They don't have to follow
> the conventions of Lisp code; we can make different conventions for
> them.

Then my comment is limited to such documents, at least for now.
(There has been talk several times in the past about localizing
documentation in Emacs, but until there's a motivated volunteer
working on that, we can disregard that.)