Re: Patches on ffap (mainly for latex buffers)

From: Nicolas Richard
Subject: Re: Patches on ffap (mainly for latex buffers)
Date: Fri, 07 Aug 2015 22:09:32 +0200

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:
>> * lisp/ffap.el (ffap-string-at-point-mode-alist): Remove useless and
>> misleading backslashes from default value.
> [...]
>> -    (file "--:\\\\$\\{\\}+<>@-Z_[:alpha:]~*?" "<@" "@>;.,!:")
>> +    (file "--:\\\\${}+<>@-Z_[:alpha:]~*?" "<@" "@>;.,!:")
>                  ^^
> This one as well, AFAIK.

Are you sure ? The docstring of skip-chars-forward has:
> ‘\’ quotes ‘^’, ‘-’ or ‘\’
so if we want \ to be part of a filename, I think they are all needed.

>> +               (prefixes '(""
>> +                           "beamertheme"
>> +                           "beamercolortheme"
>> +                           "beamerfonttheme"
>> +                           "beamerinnertheme"
>> +                           "beameroutertheme"))
>
> These prefixes look rather ad-hoc.  Do we really need them?  Why?

I guess you know the beamer class in LaTeX ? These prefixes are those
used for the different theme files of beamer. A given "full theme"
usually combines a color theme, an inner theme and an outer theme (and
there are also font themes, as you can guess), all having their own
prefix.

It is nice to be able to navigate from a line such as
\usetheme{Warsaw}
/usr/local/texlive/2015/texmf-dist/tex/latex/beamer/themes/theme/beamerthemeWarsaw.sty
in order to find out that it calls
\useinnertheme[shadow=true]{rounded}
\useoutertheme{shadow}
\usecolortheme{orchid}
\usecolortheme{whale}
Then you can further navigate to these files, and copy the bits you want
to modify into your own beamer file.

>> +               ;; is found before point on the current line. It should
>> cover most
>                                                               ^^^
> Please put 2 spaces between sentences.
>
> Also some of your lines are more than 80 columns wide.  Please try and
> avoid that.

I'll fix that.

--
Nico.