Re: how reliable is rendering of complex scripts?

From: John Wiegley
Subject: Re: how reliable is rendering of complex scripts?
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2015 11:18:57 -0700

> I meant ZWJ and ZWNJ the characters, U+200C and U+200D. Or did I
> misunderstand you?

Ah, it was I who misunderstood, Eli. I don't use these characters when typing
in Emacs, only when preparing texts in layout applications.

The ZWNJ seems to work fine, but the ZWJ does not produce the behavior
documented here:

    http://persian.nmelrc.org/persianword/zwj.htm

That is, ZWJ does not extend the heh into a "heh do chesm" (heh with two
eyes), it just adds space before or after the final-form (circular) heh.

John