Re: Emacs rewrite in a maintainable language

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: Emacs rewrite in a maintainable language
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2015 14:23:35 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

> I think any language which is "better" (i.e. is known by more
> programmers) will have the same problems.

I'll like to insist on the fact that Elisp (a paradigm of niche
language) has plenty of contributors, while just a few people work on
the part of Emacs which is written in that epitome of a succesful
language which is C.

Obviously, on this case, "popular" doesn't imply "better".

It would be interesting to know how many new hackers the C core got on,
say, the last 10 years, who made contributions beyond correcting the
occassional bug which is evident on a gdb backtrace.