Re: JSON mode

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: JSON mode
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2015 15:30:36 +0300

On 10/18/2015 01:27 PM, Simen Heggestøyl wrote:

If you agree with me that Emacs should have a dedicated mode for
editing JSON, I'll be happy to help integrating it (be it this mode,
or another one, if it proves insufficient).

Of course. But I'd suggest putting it into ELPA, if only because then Emacs 24 users would also be able to enjoy it.

There is the issue of another mode with the same name, though: https://github.com/joshwnj/json-mode

It's also relatively simple, and it's distributed via MELPA. I've used it for .json files for a while.

Maybe you could contact the author, and agree on a merge of some kind? I guess what's important is that Josh doesn't feel left out, and that the one resulting mode doesn't lose on features.

If Josh doesn't have copyright assignment signed, you might have to re-implement a command or two yourself.