Re: ELPA policy

From: John Wiegley
Subject: Re: ELPA policy
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2015 11:43:53 -0800

> This is not about reaching a consensus. This is about you giving proper
> reasons for such a big change.

To be clear, I would also put Eshell (though not pcomplete) into the category
of "big things that should be in ELPA" -- albeit, the subset of ELPA that will
be in the release tarball.

It's hard to pin down why in a manner that fits in an e-mail. If Eshell were
in ELPA today, and we were talking about moving it into core, I would have
just as much trouble justifying that move too. Perhaps this simply underscores
the fact that we don't have an agreed upon ELPA policy we can all refer to.

OK, David, I won't decide this by fiat. Let us decide what our ELPA policy
will be, until it becomes clear, based on that document, what should go where,
and why. We'll defer discussions of package movement until we have that in
place.

John