Re: Windows mingw64 and cygwin builds broken

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Windows mingw64 and cygwin builds broken
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2015 11:11:35 +0200

> From: Andy Moreton <address@hidden>
> Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2015 02:11:36 +0000
>
> > ./temacs --batch --load loadup bootstrap
> >
> > /cygdrive/c/emacs/git/emacs/master/src/lread.c:3787: Emacs fatal error:
> > assertion failed: INTEGERP (bucket)
> > Fatal error 6: Aborted: paxctl -zex emacs.exe
> > mv -f emacs.exe bootstrap-emacs.exe
> > mv: cannot stat ‘emacs.exe’: No such file or directory
> > Makefile:707: recipe for target 'bootstrap-emacs.exe' failed
>
> This appears to be caused by a clash between symbols:
>
> ./dbusbind.c:1704:  DEFSYM (QCdbus_timeout, ":timeout");
> ./w32fns.c:9302:  DEFSYM (QCtimeout, ":timeout");

Does this mean that your MinGW64 build uses D-Bus?  If so, it
shouldn't use the native w32 tray notifications.  I've pushed a change
to that effect, please test.  If you can afford testing MinGW64 also
without D-Bus, I'd appreciate that.

> Renaming QCdbus_timeout to QCtimeout allows the cygwin-w32 and mingw64
> builds to bootstrap successfully (I don't know if that is the right
> fix though). Should the other keyword argument symbols in dbusbind.c
> also be renamed QCdbus_* -> QC* ?

I don't understand why dbusbind.c uses such a non-standard naming
convention.  Michael?

Thanks.