Re: Feature freezes and Emacs 25

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: Feature freezes and Emacs 25
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2015 13:12:58 -0500

John Wiegley wrote:

[I see you use Mail-Followup-To, which results in looking like I'm
writing to someone else.]

>> AFAIK, nobody thought to even ask "how shall we track the bugs we need to
>> fix for the next release". Till now! :)
>
> I had suggested using a release tag for 25.1 in debbugs. Is that not
> possible? At some time soon we'll need to start assessing existing
> bugs and applying that tag to them.

I started tracking 25.1 bugs in February, since we've always known the
next release is coming, and the regressions and security issues were
already piling up.

http://debbugs.gnu.org/19759 is my (partial) selection,
I don't claim it's exhaustive.

You can use a usertag if you prefer, but personally I think
block/unblock is better.

IMO now is the time to start tracking 25.2 (or whatever master is to
be released as) issues as well. The "list of issues that need to be
fixed before release" should always be being updated, else it's easy
for items to get lost.