Re: Locations of Tests

From: Phillip Lord
Subject: Re: Locations of Tests
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2015 09:23:07 +0000

John Wiegley <address@hidden> writes:

>> Same here. Just make sure it doesn't mess up git blame. ;-)
>
>>From *Man git-blame*:
>
>        The origin of lines is automatically followed across whole-file
> renames (currently
>        there is no option to turn the rename-following off). To follow lines
> moved from
>        one file to another, or to follow lines that were copied and pasted
> from another
>        file, etc., see the -C and -M options.
>
> John

Okay, so I have moved all the test files according to the scheme
discussed, and pushed to branch feature/standard-test-location.

I wasn't able to do this in a single commit -- the move was one, so
hopefully git should have tracked the file moves. Then, I updated the
makefiles, fixed the tests that depend on their location. Finally, I had
to restore a couple of manual (non automake) makefiles which I
accidentally removed (very underhand, didn't check the .gitignore).

I'd appreciate if you could have a look at this, then I'll merge to
master.

Phil