Re: Questions about isearch

From: Andreas Röhler
Subject: Re: Questions about isearch
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2015 10:08:43 +0100

Am 27.11.2015 um 11:03 schrieb Artur Malabarba:
On 27 Nov 2015 8:57 am, "Eli Zaretskii" <address@hidden
<mailto:address@hidden>> wrote:
 > > Considering language special cases worldwide at core will run into
infinity.

 > The number of languages is finite.
 >
 > > Would expect support of unicode-characters. Mapping them should be the
 > > task of special language-modes built upon, i.e. a text-norwegian etc.
 >
 > The question I asked is should we do that _in_general_?  If the answer
 > is YES, then the language-specific rules might tell _how_ to do that
 > in each case.  But that's a different issue.

I think this topic goes beyond isearch, and people not reading the
new thread just for this special "language support". Starting by listing
points of what would be the goals of such a feature.

As isearch accepts a regexps as argument, it should be possible to implement mode-specific commands.

Probably not a task of the core.