Re: Questions about isearch

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Questions about isearch
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2015 10:07:41 +0200

> From: Juri Linkov <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
> Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2015 02:43:54 +0200
>
> > 3. With the default value t of isearch-hide-immediately, one match in
> > invisible text is not hidden, and remains on display.  To repro:
> >
> >   emacs -Q
> >   C-x C-f etc/NEWS RET
> >   C-c C-q
> >   C-s require C-s <RIGHT>
> >
> > This leaves the match and its surrounding hidden text on screen.  I
> > can understand the rationale, but the doc string doesn't say anything
> > about this feature.  On the contrary, it says:
> >
> >   Whatever the value, all opened invisible text is hidden again after
> >   exiting the search. ^^^
>
> I see no answers to your 3rd question, so I wanted to clarify whether
> this is something new or can you reproduce the same in older versions?

I don't know if it's new; it probably isn't.  And that isn't my
problem; my problem that triggered that question is solely to see that
the documentation of this option is correct and accurate.

So the only question that bothers me at this time is whether what I
described is the intended behavior, in which case the doc string needs
to be fixed (and in fact I already fixed it to that effect).  Or maybe
the doc string is right and the code is wrong.

Can you tell?

Thanks.