Re: First draft of the Emacs website

From: Artur Malabarba
Subject: Re: First draft of the Emacs website
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2015 21:45:08 +0000

Nicolas Petton <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi guys,
>
> I think I'm ready to show my work on the website of Emacs:
>
> http://nicolas-petton.fr/ressources/emacs-website/

Hi Nico. Big thanks for your work on this.

> A few notes:
> - I haven't changed much the content of the website itself, it's mostly
>   design

Are you taking suggestions on content changes?

> Feedback welcome!

1. The “Download for” buttons are a little hidden. I'd give them a light
background and dark foreground, so they'd really look like buttons.

2. Everything is a little too spaced apart IMO. My laptop has a 17 inch
monitor and neither of the first two sections fit in one screen for me.
Can we make it more compact?

3. I'm also not a big fan of the way each section has it's own color
palette (although each individual palette is very pretty). I've been
seeing this style in a lot of websites lately, but I always find it
distracting.

4. The links on the “Features” section are very hard to identify. Took
me a while to realise they were links.

> Cheers,
> Nico

Cheers