RE: GIT mirror of Lisp dev sources [was: Char-folding: how can we implem

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: GIT mirror of Lisp dev sources [was: Char-folding: how can we implement matching...]
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2015 16:14:13 -0800 (PST)

> any new features should go to the master branch, while bug fixes
> and refinements should go to the emacs-25 branch (these are later
> merged onto master too).

It's the "later" that means that master is not necessarily
up-to-date.  It means that looking to master does not give
you the latest developments - until sometime "later".

I wouldn't think that the changes you made recently to
support multiple-char folding on `emacs-25' (and that you
later disabled) are just "bug fixes and refinements".
They change the behavior/design, IIUC.  Seems like it
might have been good to sync `master' then (at least as
far as that file is concerned).

Anyway, I guess the answer, to how to get the latest
changes, is to check a file in both `master' and
`emacs-25', and pick whichever one is more recent.