Re: reftex.el autoloads

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: reftex.el autoloads
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2015 12:46:16 -0500

Personally I don't believe there is anything to fix.
Stefan came up with this system specifically so that autoloads could be
stored in those files.
AFAICS the only "fix" that exists is to put the autoloads back into separate
non-versioned files, which obviously could have been done at any time.
(Note that we have admin/update_autogen which automatically update the
md5sums once a day if needed. It's been working fine for years.)

Anyway, pretty sure you will find this was already discussed in the
emacs-devel archives a long time ago. Eg

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2007-07/msg00336.html

Nothing's changed, so I don't see a need to change something that works.