Re: To non-native English writers: expunging the solecism "This allows t

From: Rostislav Svoboda
Subject: Re: To non-native English writers: expunging the solecism "This allows to do something."
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2016 17:55:44 +0100

> In addition, that formation is unclear
> because it fails to say who or what will do the thing.

For Slavic language natives like me and Marcin, constructions like
"This allows to do something" work perfectly well.
Sorry guys :)
We simply don't find it to be that important to specify who or what
will do things. You know... lazy evaluation at it's best :)

> > Well :)
> > Wait for about 30 - 35 years at will be.
>
> That is my fear, which is partly why I'm doing something small to help
> prevent it.  ;-)

That's an uphill struggle, Alan :) Besides, believe me there's nothing
to fear about :) Free your mind! :)

Bost