Re: To non-native English writers: expunging the solecism "This allows t

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: To non-native English writers: expunging the solecism "This allows to do something."
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2016 19:48:04 -0500

  > As a non-native english speaker, I feel bad when I read such injunctions
  > from you or Alan.

I am sorry that you feel bad, but I did not mean this as personal
criticism of you, or anyone.  It is a matter of style of how we write.
You don't need to feel criticized.

If you try your best to follow these rules, it is no grave problem if
you sometimes make mistakes.  Everyone makes mistakes, and you don't
need to feel bad about them.  Other developers will fix them.

--
Dr Richard Stallman