Re: Next release from master

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: Next release from master
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2016 22:46:39 +0100

Óscar Fuentes <address@hidden> writes:

>>> I agree.  Feature branches are annoying from a testing point of view.  It
>>> would have to be a very exciting branch before I’d bother to merge it...
>
> You don't need to merge the branch, just do a checkout, build it and
> try the feature.

Unfortunately, I'm not quite ready to adopt your workflow.

I built Emacs with a script and install it to /usr.  I want this to be
based on master.  To test a new feature I’d thus need to merge the feature
branch or forego differences between master and the feature branch in
question.

IOW: Too many branches seems like unnecessary fragmentation.

Rasmus

--
Summon the Mothership!