Re: On language-dependent defaults for character-folding

From: Elias Mårtenson
Subject: Re: On language-dependent defaults for character-folding
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2016 01:07:31 +0800

On 18 February 2016 at 12:53, Marcin Borkowski <address@hidden> wrote:

On 2016-02-18, at 01:11, Juri Linkov <address@hidden> wrote:

> How come char-folding is on by default in Chromium,
> and yet nobody has a problem with that?

Well, nobody has a problem with the fact that Chromium does not have
anything like query-replace, either.

If this impacts replace-string as well, then it moves from being a mere irritant to a disaster when applied to Swedish. Imagine trying to replace the word "correct" and you end up having the word "steering wheel" be silently replaced as well (the former is "rätt" in Swedish, while the latter is "ratt").

If my vote counts, it's obviously "off".

Regards,
Elias