Note on e65c307 breaks font-height

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Note on e65c307 breaks font-height
Date: Thu, 26 May 2016 12:44:31 +0200

I just noticed this report by Rostislav Svoboda from Thu, 31 Mar 2016
11:10:14 +0200

> >> Is there a problem in the e65c307 or in my emacs configuration?
>
> Just to be sure - I did make clean && make bootstrap
>
> After that I put a log-message right on the top of
> font-setting-change-default-font in lisp/dynamic-setting.el and
> byte-compiled the file.  I launch emacs in default configuration
> using:
>  ./src/emacs -q --eval "(set-face-attribute 'default nil :height 80)" &
>
> A *scratch* with font-height 80 appears but immediatelly right after
> that the font-height gets increased. Moreover my log-message does not
> appear in the *Messages*.
>
> So I think the e65c307 exposes some other bug indeed, but it is
> specific to just one particular computer. On my other computer
> everything is fine.
>
> Do you have any other idea where should I take a look or put a
> breakpoint?

I'm experiencing more or less the same problem on Debian here.  The
:height setting in my .emacs for the default font gets ignored when
starting Emacs.  When I reevaluate .emacs it's applied.

I think this is a pretty serious annoyance and should be fixed before
the release - in the worst case by reverting that commit.

Note: I cannot observe this issue on Windows.

martin