Re: Note on e65c307 breaks font-height

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Note on e65c307 breaks font-height
Date: Sun, 29 May 2016 18:07:18 +0300

> Date: Sun, 29 May 2016 15:43:09 +0200
> From: martin rudalics <address@hidden>
> CC: address@hidden, address@hidden
>
>  > Any reasons why you prefer specifying each of the font's attributes
>  > separately,
>
> Maybe because I also want to specify things like 'background', 'box'
> or 'underline' for my faces.

You can specify these separately.

> The above specification is a result from customizing the default face
> via the command ‘customize-face’ many years ago.  I only now noticed
> that this customization is inherently broken, probably ever since: The
> default value seen in the customization buffer is that of the frame
> where I'm invoking ‘customize-face’ in.  I wasn't aware of that and
> section 37.12 of the Elisp manual apparently nowhere mentions it (by
> "broken" I mean that I would consider a "default face" canonical which,
> however, doesn't seems to be the case).

I'm not sure I follow: isn't the default face supposed to be per
frame?  Or did you mean something else?

> Lisp Backtrace:
> "internal-set-lisp-face-attribute" (0xffffb4f0)
> "set-face-attribute" (0xffffbd70)
> "font-setting-change-default-font" (0xffffc620)
> "dynamic-setting-handle-config-changed-event" (0xffffcfb0)
> "funcall-interactively" (0xffffcfa8)
> "call-interactively" (0xffffd460)
> "command-execute" (0xffffdd28)

Hmm... why is command-execute in the backtrace?  Isn't this Emacs
starting up?  If this is you evaluating .emacs by hand, then can you
show the backtrace from the first time this breakpoint breaks?

Thanks.