Re: Add autoload cookies in seq.el

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Add autoload cookies in seq.el
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2016 18:13:28 +0300

> From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <address@hidden>
> Cc: Tino Calancha <address@hidden>,  address@hidden,  address@hidden
> Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2016 15:24:01 +0200
>
> But I find it rather odd that we can't use the best and most modern
> libraries in the most central parts of Emacs.  That's kinda backwards.
> The most central parts of Emacs gets the most obfuscated code?

Are we mis-communicating?  If somefile.el needs a function that is in
subr-x.el, all it has to do is (require subr-x).  How's that a
problem?

> Not dumping seq with Emacs seems rather odd, because it's going to get
> used a while lot.  That's the point of having a library like that.

When/if seq.el will become used so much that it will almost always
immediately load at the beginning of a session, we will indeed add it
to preloaded ones.  But as long as that doesn't happen, why should we
punish those users who have no use for seq?