Re: feature/integrated-elpa 4f6df43 15/23: README added

From: John Wiegley
Subject: Re: feature/integrated-elpa 4f6df43 15/23: README added
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2016 11:08:06 -0700

>  - Use package.el to initialize and load these during startup

I'm OK with this, as long as it doesn't impact current load-time efficiency.

My past experience with package.is that it introduced a lot of slowness, due
to loading far more autoloads than I might ever care about. This is partly why
use-package manages my load-path and autoloads explicit: I only use maybe 1%
of the total autoloads available in the system.

As long as I'm not paying a cost just for having package.el be part of the
process, I'm fine with this part of your goal.