Re: Emacs as browser (was Re: Concurrency, again)

From: Philippe Vaucher
Subject: Re: Emacs as browser (was Re: Concurrency, again)
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2016 22:33:38 +0200

> Just putting it out there, maybe it's irrelevant or does not make sense but: how about using Qt?

If someone is willing to work on that, sure.  Otherwise, it's just
another pipe dream.

(Sorry for being blunt, but I had my share of endless discussions
about these issues that led nowhere.)

Understandable.

I was curious because to me, writing the GUI part for each platforms is much more work than writing it in Qt and maybe adapting some parts for special cases... and given I saw a discussion about targeting Wayland, I thought it'd be better to target something that was designed to be cross-platform.

Anyway, you are right about the fact that it is useless to discuss this without showing some work in that direction :-)

Philippe