Re: official Emacs Docker image

From: Jean-Christophe Helary
Subject: Re: official Emacs Docker image
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2017 08:54:30 +0900

> 2017/02/04 8:38、Ted Zlatanov <address@hidden>のメール:

> Your implicit assumption here is that if any part of a service involves
> nonfree software (in this case, Docker Hub account registration and
> maintenance), then using any other part of the service (in this case,
> Docker Hub as an image repository) is against this purpose.
>
> That specific assumption, in my opinion, is overreaching and does not
> serve the original purpose you quoted, yet it has become an important
> argument for the FSF.

Instead of arguing here, why don't you ask Docker Hub why they require non-free
software for such a trivial task and try to convince them to not do that?
*That* would better promote free software than having Emacs hosted there while
ignoring the non-free aspects of the system.
A much better way to spend your energy in my opinion.

Jean-Christophe Helary