Re: Skipping unexec via a big .elc file

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Skipping unexec via a big .elc file
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2017 17:06:02 -0500

>> Maybe now would be a good time to change the representation of
>> abbrev-tables?
> How would we prefer for them to print?

I'm not talking about "representation" in the sense of "print format"
but in terms of which data-structure to use for them.  But yes, of
course that will affect the way they print.  Clearly, I'd hope that the
new representation would print `read'ably.

> I am not convinced that it would be useful or convenient
> to have them print out in a way that describes their contents.

The way abbrev-tables print right now is just plain bad: it's neither
computer-readable nor human-readable.

        Stefan