Re: Continuous integration

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: Continuous integration
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2017 09:32:37 -0400

On Mon, 27 Mar 2017 11:54:41 +0200 (CEST) Toon Claes <address@hidden> wrote:

TC> "Phillip Lord" <address@hidden> writes:
>> 3) Who is prepared to do an installation?
>>
>> In answer to question 3), I'm happy to do installation for a buildbot
>> based solution, since I already tried it just for "fun".

TC> As a trial I hope to have time somewhere this week to set up CI using
TC> GitLab.com. It probably won't be the final hosting solution, but this is
TC> at the moment the easiest path to set up a trial installation.

TC> When we have both, we can do a objective comparison.

I'd strongly advise against using gitlab.com. Please review the
conversation here about the Docker Hub site: if *any* part of the
gitlab.com usage requires non-free software, even just account creation,
it won't be acceptable.

If you are willing to run a standalone instance (maybe a EC2 micro
instance), that's the best way to get it going right now.

Ted