Re: master has switched from Automake to GNU Make

From: Noam Postavsky
Subject: Re: master has switched from Automake to GNU Make
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2017 10:09:22 -0400

On Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 9:54 AM, martin rudalics <address@hidden> wrote:
>> If you merge that commit or any child of it *with*
>> conflicts (the conflicts can be unrelated) then the whitespace check
>> is triggered when you commit the resolution.
>
> I have definitively encountered this case before too.
>
>> Furthermore, I believe the whitespace check is only installed if you
>> run './autogen git' or './autogen all'. If you just plain './autogen'
>> then the git hooks are not installed.
>
> I always run './autogen.sh' because IIRC that is (or at least was) the
> recommended way.

Before [1: aca31e3815] a plain './autogen.sh' installed the hooks
(that commit also updates the recommended way to './autogen.sh all').
You probably just still have them (they're installed under .git/hooks
and so they don't get removed by any usual cleaning procedure).

1: 2016-02-02 23:14:30 -0800 aca31e3815b9bd9c696cf0c74cc4a80ad7e35ec9
  autogen.sh now configures git only on request