Source tree structure question (new-B)

From: david . a . cobb . 1943
Subject: Source tree structure question (new-B)
Date: Mon, 15 May 2017 09:46:13 -0400

Starting to look through the source at <git.savannah...>.  I am puzzled
by the folder structure that places some *.el files in (repo)/lisp/,
but others in (repo)/lisp/emacs-lisp/.

My own SWAG is that one group involves the implementation of the elisp
LANGUAGE, while the other implements features of the EDITOR.  But,
before I do any damage, it would be good to see an explanation in
writing!

TIA!

--
David A Cobb, Computer T-Rex;