Re: Native line numbers, final testing

From: Filipe Silva
Subject: Re: Native line numbers, final testing
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2017 11:48:21 -0300

Eli thanks you for the information. will test that.

I found a bug regarding the line-number-current-line face. Here's a screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/I2sneeL.png

I'm using this configuration for relative visual numbers:

(custom-set-variables
 '(display-line-numbers 'visual)
...)

And here's my setup for the faces:

  ;; MODE SUPPORT: line numbers and relative line numbers

  (line-number              (:inherit 'highlight-numbers-number))
  (line-number-current-line (:foreground gruvbox-neutral_red))

In my testing, I found that when point is on line 1, everything is fine. As you go down line by line, the line-number-current-face skips ahead by one so by the time point is on line 10, line-number-current-line face is really acting on a number 9 lines below what should be the current line.

On Tue, Jul 4, 2017 at 11:32 AM, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:
> From: Filipe Silva <address@hidden>
> Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2017 07:57:10 -0300
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>, Emacs developers <address@hidden>
>
> When working with really large files, 10k+ lines long, having the current line display the abs line number can
> feel "to much" because all lines have max 2 number and the current line has 5 number so the fringe has to
> grow extra 3 columns just to acommodate the current abs line number of the current line.
>
> Would it be possible to have like a toggle mechanism to switch the current line number of the current line from
> abs to nothing or even to zero? that'd be a great addition to this already awesome feature.

You can customize display-line-numbers-current-absolute to do what you
want.

Thank you for the feedback.