Re: In Support of ELPA

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: In Support of ELPA
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2017 22:12:38 -0400

> If the outside host is someone who has write access to ELPA does it make
> any difference? It's just a different way of trusting people.

"The outside host" is a machine, it's not a "someone".
"has write access" is a property which can change over time.  So unless
we have some process or someone watching over those changes "had write
access when we added the package" will often turn into some rather
irrelevant historical data,

> Ultimately, pull requests of this form would result in emails going to
> the ELPA-diffs mailing list, so we'd be able to check there. And, if we
> can get the people who have assigned copyright as a CSV along with their
> aliases, you could check the commit messages on the way through for
> authorship.

"git push elpa" is not that hard either.

        Stefan