Re: master 583995c: GnuTLS HMAC and symmetric cipher support

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: master 583995c: GnuTLS HMAC and symmetric cipher support
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2017 17:02:31 -0400

Paul Eggert wrote:

> For example, on my platform, if I compile and run the attached program via:
>
> gcc gs.c -lgnutls
> ./a.out
>
> the program silently succeeds. What happens on your platform?

Your example doesn't correspond to how the code in Emacs used to be.
Change it to:

  for (int pos = 0; gciphers[pos] != GNUTLS_CIPHER_NULL; pos++)

and it fails for me, just as Emacs used to:

  gciphers[17] == GNUTLS_CIPHER_UNKNOWN ?!?

As I said, it seems to be a happy accident that GNUTLS_CIPHER_UNKNOWN == 0.
So your example as written happens to skip it.

I hope we have now established I'm not mad or lying... :)