Re: Improving GNU ELPA

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Improving GNU ELPA
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2017 22:54:11 -0400

  > > Typically things like incorrect copyright notices or compilation breakage.

  > Does ELPA not check for the copyright? I.e. if it's incorrect, it will
  > be wrong in the git repo only and not in the distributed ELPA package.

We could make ELPA check that files have the correct copyright notices.
We could also make it check that they have the correct license notices.
It would be useful to implement sending us warnings for that.

Would anyone like to implement this?

However, the crucial thing is not what the file SAYS about copyright,
but what the actual facts are about the copyright.  We take care of
that by getting copyright assignments.  Once that is done, if a notice
in a file is inaccurate, all we need to do is correct it.

--
Dr Richard Stallman