Re: Adding advisory notification for non-ELPA package.el downloads

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Adding advisory notification for non-ELPA package.el downloads
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2017 21:32:23 -0400

  > Have you considered that by -- in the short run -- being less
  > insistent

People have urged this on me dozens of times, so I have had plenty
of opportunity to think about the question.

As you have noticed, most of the user community hardly thinks about
freedom.  It's our job to teach people that freedom is very important.
The way to do that is by visibly giving it great importance ourselves.

If we stop, no one else will do this work for us.  In the long run,
it would be a great setback for freedom.

--
Dr Richard Stallman