Re: release bugs [was Re: Processed: enriched.el code execution]

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: release bugs [was Re: Processed: enriched.el code execution]
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2017 19:12:43 +0300

> From: Glenn Morris <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
> Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2017 02:40:05 -0400
>

> I'm surprised that you don't want to motivate people to fix security
> vulnerabilities for the next release.

I do, I just don't see how can I justify delaying a release due to an
issue that was with us since 1999.

> Anyway, I'll stop adding to list of release bugs, since it feels unproductive.

It isn't unproductive, and I appreciate it very much that you are
doing it.  I just wish you'd do it publicly, at least in controversial
cases such as this one.

Or maybe we could discuss the criteria for blocking bugs, and if
agreed, no further discussions would be necessary.