Re: release bugs [was Re: Processed: enriched.el code execution]

From: Fabrice Popineau
Subject: Re: release bugs [was Re: Processed: enriched.el code execution]
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2017 10:20:01 +0200

Maybe I am naive, but I don't see why a bug existing in previous releases should be blocking.
If the bug exists in say emacs 25.1, blocking the release of 26.1 will not prevent
people to be at risk because they will continue to use 25.1.
I would say that only newly introduced bugs for example related to new features or refactoring
should be considered to be blocking.

Fabrice